Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 - The Year We Made Contact

It's December 31st!  That means it's time to look back on the last 12  7 months and reflect.  That's right, this is a New Year's post.

To the best of my knowledge, such a thing has never been done before

2010 was the best year of my life.  I faced trials, tribulations, learned what the word "tribulation" meant, and came out on top.  I went on some spectacular adventures, which I promise will eventually make their way onto this blog!

Spoiler Alert: there's nudity.  Say goodbye to the PG-13!


What I learned:

What other people think of me is none of my business.  (credit to my mom)

The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer someone else up.  (credit to Mark Twain)

Hard work is more important than talent.  (credit to Not That Kind of Girl)

There is no reason, ever, to postpone your dreams.  Make time for what matters.  Let go of what doesn't.


Finally, for those of you who took the time to dig their way through the archives, you know that this started as a practice blog.  My goal was to write 30 posts in 30 days, and I didn't tell anybody about it.  

But unbeknownst to me, Google Buzz decided to tell the world what I was doing.  I had no idea, but it was broadcasting my most private thoughts  sage observations  insane ramblings to the world! 

You guys are the reason I do this.  And chicks.  But mostly it's you guys.

The fact that you started reading my blog, unsolicited, really touches me.  Knowing that you're out there listening really feeds my vanity  soul, and encourages me to keep writing.  Sometimes forcefully (looking at you E3).

With that said, a few shout-outs are in order:

Erin:
Awarded the Gold Star of Excellence for being a great editor, an even better friend, and the boot to my neck.  Seriously, pie would not be here if it weren't for her.

Heads up for an E3 guest post in 2011!

Jasmine:
Awarded a lock of my hair (+2 to vitality) for being the first person to find my blog entirely on her own.  She is either my greatest fan or most dangerous stalker.  Either way, much love!

My Mom:
Awarded the Badge of Awesome for reading Billy Goats Gruff like, a thousand times, and always encouraging me to write.  And clean my room.  But hey, you can't win em all.

Jenn M:
Awarded the Participation Trophy for reading my entire archive in one go.  Heart.

LiLu:
Awarded a free link to her ridiculously awesome blog for being my most famous follower!  Keep raising the bar LiLu.

Also, if I eat you do I gain your powers?


Thank you to everyone who made this blog what it is.  You guys are the best.  For reals.

3 comments:

  1. Little does Grady know, he actually sent me the link to his blog... (after I asked for it). Also, I'm a little scared of where that hair is coming from. (You've been keeping it all these years?! Say yes.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You told your many, many followers including the famous LiLu that I would guest post? Oh goodness, the PRESSURE. I need more cappucino.

    P.S. Much love, G-Man. Move to where I live, IMMEDIATELY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha of course I keep it, Jasmine! Another few years til I'm famous and then BAM! E-Bay.

    Make me proud E3! Also, move to Vancouver and you've got yourself a deal.

    ReplyDelete