Thursday, December 2, 2010

The G-Spot

This is a little piece I wrote about the G-Spot, which is a place in Carleton where they make free Vegan food.  I know what you're thinking:

You had me at "free".

Notice: If you just arrived here from Google because you searched "G-Spot" prepare to be disappointed.

If, however, you're like me and after half a decade of higher education you are now about 90% Ramen noodle, then read on!



The G-Spot

I know many of you are still reeling from the news that the Double Down is no longer available in Canada.  Be strong.  We’re going to get through this together.

Well I have some good news.  According to this random guy I met there’s a place on campus where they have delicious, non-Aramark food.  And they are just giving it away.

The conversation went down like this:

“You don’t know about the G-Spot?”

“Well I never had any complaints...”

“Free food man.  Vegan.”

“So there’s no meat.”

“Nope.”

“You mean like a McRib?”

“No.  I mean like a cabbage.”

“CAB-IDGE.  Got it.”

“And there are cookies.”

So naturally, I followed him.  What?  He promised me cookies!  Seriously if you have cookies I will totally jump right in the van you don’t even KNOW.

My mom would be so proud. 

What I expected:
You know how every Halloween there was that house on your street that gave away peanuts?  I mean, actual peanuts.  Not in Snickers bar form. 

What I got:
A suspiciously tasty vegan stuffing and a cookie that was so good I might be going to hell now.  

And the best part: it's pay what you can.

Clearly these guys do not understand capitalism.  But food they get. 

1 comment: