Thursday, January 6, 2011

Brought to You by E3! (And Toblerone)

Big news guys!  Today is BTYBP's first ever GUEST POST!

That's right, I have discovered the joys of slave-labour  outsourcingThey terk our jerbs!

As I am way too hung over to post today (just kidding.  I'm still drunk), E3 graciously offered/was coerced into giving us a taste of the good stuff happening over at her crazy-sexy-awesome resolutions blog, Everything Comes From Now.  Seriously, it's like if Angelina Jolie and a T-Rex had a baby.  And then that baby went and got an English degree.

Anyone with a new year's resolution should definitely check it out.  If you don't have a resolution, what up?  YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME?!

Everyone be nice.  She's new here.  

So without further ado...  Here.  We.  GO.



They say that getting started on a new goal is the hardest step – and that's especially true if the universe is out to get you. Let me set the scene.
After two weeks of delicious treats (hello, Christmas!) and lazing about (gym? What gym?), T and I decided to get our butts back in gear for another round of "pretend we're really fit". This usually ends the same way – T gets down to a ridiculously lean 12% body fat, his biceps triple in size and he ends up looking even more like a male fitness model. I end up with ever so slightly less pudge (hooray!).
Caught up? Good. I came home from soccer practice the night before DAY 1 OF AWESOME FIT ME, and since I had just worked out during my time off AND it was my last night of freedom, I did what everyone would do. I broke out the Toblerone. Not just any Toblerone. Dark chocolate Toblerone (om nom nom). I did this, and even shared it with T (why yes, I am a saint! How kind of you to notice). Unfortunately, it was about 9pm, and I vastly overestimated my ability to metabolize caffeine. I may not be an athlete, but if there was a Caffeine Olympics, I would definitely medal. Or so I thought.
*fast forward to 3am*
T and I are both awake, but I'm in bed trying to sleep and he is in the living room creating as much noise as possible, periodically coming into the bedroom and turning on the light.  I will end him.
At 7am, I drag my sorry ass out of bed to go to work. T is dead asleep, with his work-from-home ability to sleep in. I will end him.
At about 11:30am, I trundle off to the gym filled with the excitement that only comes on day one of trying to establish a new good-for-you habit. I get to the gym and unpack my workout gear – t-shirt, gym shoes, socks, sports bra….shorts? No? Shit. I will admit to working out in less than ideal outfits before (hello non-sports bra, that running date we had a while back was fun, wasn't it?), but I just can't work out in my jeans and go back to the office. Universe 2, E3 0.
Defeated, I decide to use the time to renew my car's registration. I get to AMA and they are closed. To add insult to injury, as I am leaving the parking lot, I am rear-ended. Well-played, Universe.
(More than) a little shaken, I stop by the bookstore to pick up a new day planner, because shopping + organization = happy. They don't carry them, even though they are listed as a vendor online. What's the score now? I've lost count.
HOWEVER, I did end up getting to the gym that night. The moral of the story is that sometimes the universe will score more points than you. And that eating dark chocolate is exactly like taking speed.

E3 can be found over at Everything Comes From Now yammering about going to the gym, eating after going to the gym, and hurting her knee by going to the gym. Pie comes to visit there too!  She also writes for LiLu's gymin' blog In It To Gym It

3 comments:

  1. Toblerone might be one of the top 10 chocolate-y treats which shouldn't be allowed to exist. And everything made by Reese's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may be the most awesome description of myself I have ever heard.

    Also? I totally got away with talking about bras on your boy blog. WIN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha true say Jasmine. True say.

    E3 I will have to return the favor on your blog...

    "So, Readers, boxers or briefs? I'll let you decide."

    ReplyDelete