Monday, March 21, 2011

Regular mail, this is why no one likes you.

So today I went to check the mailbox and discovered, instead of the usual array of bills, fliers, late notices, cease and desist orders, overdue notices, we-will-shut-off-your-fucking-water notices, and Sunny D samples (what?  I'm tired of drinking "purple stuff")... I found a note from the postal service saying that my "mail" will no longer be delivered due to the icy condition of my walkway. 

First off, dude.  I walk that like five times a day, most of them drunk.  SIX if I don't fall asleep in the neighbour's yard (we call that a Wednesday).  MAN UP.

Now everything I learned about the postal service comes from the movie The Postman, so I've got a pretty good idea how this is supposed to work.  As I understand it, the only things that are going to survive the apocalypse are cockroaches, Kevin Costner, and the godam mail system!

 On the plus side, they can't turn my water off now.  Jokes on you, government.

No comments:

Post a Comment