Monday, September 6, 2010

Return of the Jedi!

Yes, in this scenario I am the Jedi.  Deal with it.

I have finally returned from my travels in the southwest, and I have tales to tell.  After two weeks spent camping in the desert (and the desolate hellscape that is the site of Burning Man) I got in last night and had the most satisfying shower of my life.  I can't describe to you how dirty I was.  There was dust in... places.

Much vigorous scrubbing later, I finally managed to remove the layer of sediment caked onto my skin. From there I fell into bed and slept for twelve glorious hours.

I missed you, Reader.  You're looking good.  Have you lost weight?  Sorry I haven't called.  I was busy   really really drunk   stranded in 1885    out of range of the internet, telephones and people who know how to spell "centre"   thinking of you.

Lots of travel stories in the works.  For now, I have a big paper due tomorrow for my NGO* contract. 

*If you've never worked for an NGO, picture all the stress of a high-up government job except with the pay/benefits of a line cook.

It's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment