Thursday, August 19, 2010

Silent Hill

I went to Yoga on the Hill yesterday.  That's Parliament Hill for the non-Ottawa* natives.

Now, I work on Wellington street... Parliament is on Wellington street...  You'd think this would be an easy enough journey between A and B.  You'd be wrong.

Evidently my Wellington turns into Somerset, for some godless reason.  Then somehow it continues again, several blocks north of Somerset (which also continues, and runs parallel).

Who built this crazy city?!

That said, yoga was pretty awesome.  Doing downward dog in the grass, the sun shining.  The ratio of beautiful girls to guys was, let's say, favourable

One thing I did not anticipate was the throng of tourists taking pictures of us.  My friend quoted Tony Horton "they're coming in to shoot the cover of downward dog magazine" (inside joke for the P90X'ers among you) and I just about died laughing.  I wouldn't be surprised if milk came out my nose, and I wasn't even drinking milk.

I am totally going to end up on a Japanese postcard.

*this one's a freebie for the stalkers.  Track me down and win a free restraining order!

3 comments:

  1. "Touch my hands, TOUCH MY HANDS!"

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you know we're already on Japanese postcards from EVERY time we threw on back or front campus. Giant buses of Japanese tourist = lots of cameras, and apparently, Canadians playing with frisbees = AWESOME VACATION PICTURE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha you're right! I once made the mistake of returning their thumbs up... I am totally endorsing some robotic product now

    ReplyDelete