Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Awkard Teenage Phase Round 2

The other day (Canada Day, in fact) I ran into a girl I'd gone on a couple dates with back in high school. We were both too shy and awkward so it didn't really go anywhere.

Skip ahead like eight years.

I thought 'Hey, we're both new to town, let's hang out and be friends.' I even said the word explicitly, friends. She heartily agreed and we've been hanging out a lot this week.

Now comes the interesting part. I think I actually have a crush on this person! When we hang out I get butterflies in my stomach and I feel nervous and I'm just so anxious to see where things go. We seem pretty flirtatious, but it's honestly hard to get a read on the situation. I'm totally lost here! Hence, awkward teenageness.

I haven't had this feeling in a long time. Dates have lately not been an issue, as I am blessed with a totally undeserved level of confidence. Yet here I am feeling sheepish and afraid to look stupid in front of this girl and every time we part I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing her again!

It's like high school all over again.

Next thing you know I'm probably going to sprout a pimple.

No comments:

Post a Comment