Saturday, July 24, 2010

Miracles

Good news, Reader! I can walk again.

Even better news! I am officially an uncle! My first nephew was born yesterday at 10:00 am, 8 lbs. I wonder what it feels like to lose 8 lbs in one night.

Evidently he took his sweet time. Half-way through the 13 hour labour, my sister in law, bless her heart, gave in and had the epidural. She admitted as much over webcam this morning. I was like, honey, if it were me, I wouldn't have had an epidural; I would have had a friggin' surrogate.

8 pounds, 13 hours. Do the math, people.

His name's Mateo. Kinda pretentious there bud, but hey, you pull it off.

When you're 13 and I'm 37 (with the emotional maturity of a 13 year old) we are gonna be great friends.

Say hello to the Cool Uncle. The one that gives you sips of his beer and takes you to R-rated movies. Or as your parents will call it: "the zoo".

No comments:

Post a Comment