Monday, July 12, 2010

Regionals Part 2

You may have noticed I did not post yesterday. I want to assure all (two) of you that I am indeed alive and well, despite the best efforts of our opponents/the sun in trying to give me heat stroke.

Things not to do in a heat wave: spend all weekend playing ultimate with no shade and a tube of sunscreen that I'm convinced is rated SPF-Placebo. At one point, I looked at my hand and noticed it was shaking uncontrollably, as if trying to break free of its moorings and make a bid for freedom.

Beyond that, we had a great weekend. The tournament was very competitive, and we came close to making it to The Show (Nationals). We did manage to crush our rivals, which felt good. It's all about the little things.

I got in about 2:00 am last night (hence no posting). My legs feel like they're threatening to go on strike, but it was well worth it.

Things I never want to eat again: bananas, bagels, gatorade, anything in bar form.

No comments:

Post a Comment