Monday, July 19, 2010

PAIN!

After a weekend of short-roster Ultimate, then rushing home to play soccer on sunday, I feel like I was on the wrong end of a serious ass-kicking.

Given the amount of posts about Ultimate lately, I'm thinking maybe I should start an Ultimate blog on the side... more on that as events unfold. (notice how I seem to capitalize "Ultimate" and not "soccer"... interesting.)

I don't know if it was the beer, the heat, or just sheer exhaustion, but I felt good this weekend. Apparently, an effective way to deal with nervous energy is to burn it the fuck off!

In other news, I've decided to get back into cycling. After an 8-year hiatus, I am back from retirement! I dusted off my old biking shoes and am planning a big ride in a few weeks (a ride for which I am woefully unprepared!)

Thus far, having not used clip-ins for the better part of a decade, I have managed to avoid the painful, if hilarious, side plop. For those not in the know, that is when you brake but fail to extricate your feet from the pedals (because some jackass decided it would be a good idea to weld you into a spinning death-machine). This results in a comically ungraceful dismount wherein you simply fall onto your side and lay there humiliated like a turtle on its back.

If you haven't yet experienced this, you are not a real cyclist. Retire your spandex.

No comments:

Post a Comment