Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm scared to look...

I went on my first real bike ride in 7 years today. 60km round trip, uphill, both ways.

As I was bombing down one of the few, blessed downhill sections, a girl climbing the other way said "Hey Pie!" Well, obviously she didn't say pie, but you know, anonymity and such.

Come to think of it, had she actually said "pie" that would have been pretty awesome.

How she recognized me at such high velocity is beyond me. The fact that she then managed to register my face and shout my name in that 4.7 nanosecond window is pretty awesome. Almost as awesome as if she'd actually said pie.

I apologize, vaguely feminine blur, I did not have time to strike up a chat. I hope you're well. You're looking good. I assume.

Also, granola bars have never tasted so good.

Even more also, I am fairly certain there's a bicycle seat permanently imprinted on my ass now.

No comments:

Post a Comment