Saturday, June 26, 2010

Don't Mess!

Today I was buying razors. At my local pharmacy, when you open up the razor compartment, there's an alarm that sounds, almost like they're just DARING you to shoplift. It always makes me feel guilty, like I've been caught touching the art. Add to this that I love to spend my days off buried in my sketchy black hoodie, and I just know that one of these days some zealous security guard is going to taze me.

I made my way to the cash and just as my business was concluded, I turned, as I tend to do, toward the exit. Little did I know that a fragile wisp of a woman had positioned herself directly behind me. Evidently, my casual turn carried enough momentum to send her fragile form flying.

Thankfully she kept her footing, in large part thanks to her walker (I know, I'm terrible). Thoroughly embarrassed, I helped her with her groceries and made my undignified exit.

I think next time I'll just grow a beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment