Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ode to the Awesome

The other day my roommates and I were watching the Matrix (yes, it is still awesome) and as the credits started to roll I saw a name I recognized: Joel Silver, the producer.

After racking my brain for a few moments (I was now in the bathroom at this point) I suddenly remembered where I'd heard the name before... Joel Silver, the inventor of fucking Ultimate Frisbee!

My shouts of elation coming from the bathroom were no doubt unsettling to my roommates, but there was no time to worry about that.

I wiki'd him (no I don't bring my laptop to the toilet) and yes, it is the same guy. Among his other notable accomplishments are Lethal Weapon and Die Hard. This guy just makes wins.

So really, if you remember our earlier discussion about the origins of the frisbee, even the Matrix was brought to you by pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment