Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Free of Charge

Did you think I would be handing out valuable life lessons on just my third post? Well, Reader, that's just how much I care.

But I'm not going to make it that easy for you. Buried in this blog post is one piece of good advice, and one horrible suggestion that will leave you with a sore face.

Try to guess which is which! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I told a friend yesterday that I had started a practice blog and his immediate, no hesitation reaction was that there are 300 million bloggers out there and I should "manage my expectations."

This is why you shouldn't tell people about your goals. (That sounds like advice doesn't it? I'll never tell...) People will almost inevitably project their own doubts onto you, and you know what? I'm full up on doubt; I don't need anyone else's.

The people who get anywhere in life are the one's who dare to dream and who work their asses off to make it into a reality. I know the odds are against me, but I also know that the vast majority of people think just like my friend there, and they will give up too soon and too easily. Not me.

Also, rocks are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment