Sunday, June 27, 2010

Familiarity

Today I had brunch with my mom and sister. Savvy son/brother that I am, I decided to sneak a quick bite in before leaving.

Why? Well first off my sister is allergic to everything. Basically, if you can find it in a store that doesn't have "co-op" or "nature" in the name, she can't eat it.

Darwin says let her go.

Add to this the fact that my mother is convinced that corporations are trying to melt our insides through clever manipulation of our food. If it doesn't say 'organic' it will probably kill you in a most horrific and undignified way. Upon her arrival, she brought me no less than three new vitamin bottles including "vitamin D with sea-iodine" and "vitamin C with... wait for it... dihydroquercetin". And 'da hell are "synergistic antioxidants"?

My mother is the kind of person who reads the dosage on vitamins like she's doubling a recipe.

As you can imagine, this makes finding a restaurant a monumental task.

And you know what? I love 'em. Yes, they're strange and they're difficult but they're mine.

2 comments:

  1. Synergistic antioxidants are antioxidants which work together in a more than additive way!

    ReplyDelete