Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Little Perspective

Some days it's hard to get out of bed. It just feels like the whole world is crashing down around you and you just don't want it anymore. Today was one of those days.

I would have called in sick, except I had an important meeting. So I dragged myself out of bed, hopped on my bike and plodded through the rain to my job. As I was locking up, a man walked out of the building, albeit with some difficulty. He had a cane and a prosthetic leg.

Seeing him really helped me gain perspective on my own problems. While I lie paralyzed on the couch dreading the bike to work, this man wakes up, puts on his pants (one leg at a time, evidently) and he would probably give anything to just ride a bike.

I am truly blessed. As hard as things get, I still have so much to be grateful for. I will do my best not to lose sight of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment